Being born and raised in Vietnam – a country of long and rich history, arts and culture, I never stop growing my curiosity for tourism experiences in these specific sectors. My hometown – Hai Duong is famous for its long-lasting pottery and is the representative land of fondness to learn in Vietnamese history. My mother is a Literature and History teacher and I am proud to grow up with her story telling about my ancestors since I was little. I inherit the passion in arts and culture from my father who has the greatest eager to learn about different people and their traditions in any places he has been to.

I am a part of the generation Z. I identify myself as a single 23-year-old female and an international student of Southeast Asia origin having part-time employment in Canada. Since I am not yet a financially independent individual, I work hard to save up for travelling so budget-friendly trips are always the priority in my travel list. I am also a Buddhist so I love visiting temples, and people can find me at traditional events and festivals.

On the Canadian Explorer Quotient, I am considered a Cultural Explorer. I love learning about different cultures, visiting museums and arts galleries, and participating in traditional festivals and events. I appreciate interactions with the native and always enjoy learning experiences that allow visitors to truly live a local life such as Bed and Breakfast packages.

Met local artist and bought handmade earrings in downtown Calgary

The most unique Bed and Breakfast Hostel by local people in Kelowna

People can find me spending days and nights at one destination rather than travelling 10 places within a month to observe, explore, and learn about how life actually is because every place has its own unique tradition that I can not experience any where else in the world. Cultural Explorers are defined by their great passion of exploring and learning about culture, people and settings of the places they visit. Explore Quotient Survey describes Cultural Explorers as positive, accepting, enthusiastic, and creative.

Gwangjang Market traditional market in Seoul

Hwaseong Fortress in Suwon

Original Japanese Udon and Pork Cutlet

People often say that social media indicates where Gen Z goes next and I would not deny that appealing photos on social media are one of the main reasons why I add a specific destination to my travel list. Most of my friends are Free Spirits who enjoy outdoor activities and adventures while I am the only one who loves spending hours in museums, art galleries and local areas instead of tourist attractions in every destination I visit. Here is an overview of my gallery-journey in many places I have been to.

Whistler Arts Gallery

Arts Gallery by Arts students at TRU

Sewing Machines History in Gangnam

Namsan Towel

Art Cafe in Burnaby

Nicola Valley Arts Gallery

I am a solo traveler because I love to plan out my own itinerary and enjoy being independent. I am keen on participating in tourism activities that provide me with an opportunity to engage with arts and culture.

Traditional Hand Sewing Learning Experience in China

I believe that growing up in a small community in Vietnam reflects my travel values and preferences. I appreciate small things during my trip, love interacting with the local, observe everything around me and enjoy slow-moving tourism experiences. I might not be able to do many things during my trip, but in every single destination I have stopped by, I ensure to slow down, feel and truly immerse myself in the local life. And I’m truly happy about that 🙂